Please ring before 10 am for emergency appointments on the day
- We run daily 'emergency' clinics.
- These operate in the mornings and are a joint Doctor/ Nurse Practitioner service.
- Nurse Practitioners are qualified to offer help and treatment to patients whose conditions fall within their area of practice.
- All Nurse Practitioners are Independent Nurse Prescribers which means they are able to sign their own prescriptions.
By seeing patients with less complex problems the Nurse Practitioners are:
- promoting better access to the doctors' appointments
- allowing the doctors more time to care for patients with more complicated and serious conditions.
- able to give advice to patients over the phone if all that is required is reassurance, and perhaps self-medication, which again may save an unnecessary visit to the doctor.
Telephone the Surgery between 8:00 am and 10:00 am and, if the Nurse Practitioner thinks it appropriate, an urgent appointment will be given for the same day. Abuse of this facility will lead to considerable inconvenience to other patients.
You will be given a slot to attend the clinic, e.g. between 9:00 am and 10:00 am. This is not an appointment time, but you should normally be seen within this timeframe.
Please do not walk in without an appointment, as we do not have the resources of a Walk-in Centre.