GENERAL DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE FOR PATIENTS
we understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly.
Please read the leaflet and privacy notice carefully, as it contains important information about how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect on your behalf.
How We Use Your Information leaflet
Patient Privacy Notice
Patient Privacy Notice - Children
WHY WE ARE PROVIDING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We are required to provide you with this Privacy Notice by Law. It explains how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect, store and hold about you.
The Law says:
- We must let you know why we collect personal and healthcare information about you;
- We must let you know how we use any personal and/or healthcare information we hold on you;
- We need to inform you in respect of what we do with it;
- We need to tell you about who we share it with or pass it on to and why; and
- We need to let you know how long we can keep it for.
If you are unclear about how we process or use your personal and healthcare information, or you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other issue regarding your personal and healthcare information, then please do contact Karen Stanway, our Practice Liaison Manager, or Stoke-on-Trent CCG Data Protection Officer (details below).
You can contact them if:
- You have any questions about how your information is being held;
- If you require access to your information or if you wish to make a change to your information;
- If you wish to make a complaint about anything to do with the personal and healthcare information we hold about you;
- Or any other query relating to this Policy and your rights as a patient.
THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Protection Officer for the Surgery is Hayley Gidman, Head of Information Governance, Midlands and Lancashire CSU. Any queries in regard to Data Protection issues should be addressed to her at: -
Address: Midlands & Lancashire CSU, Heron House, 120 Grove Road, Fenton, Stoke on Trent, ST4 4LX.
Updated July 2019